- This event has passed.
Civil Rights Commission Mediation Training
February 9, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
You are invited to attend a Free Mediation Training hosted by the Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission and facilitated by Annie Tucker, Director of Eastern Iowa Mediation Services.
When emotions are high and interests are at stake mediation allows all parties a voice. Mediation is a process for efficient conflict resolution that allows all parties to feel respected.
Participants will learn:
• The Mediation Process for the Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission;
• Tools for providing a non-bias space to improve working relationships;
• Skills for diffusing interpersonal conflict; and
• Strategies for using conflict resolution to bolster organization integrity.
Admission is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. Registration will be open through Friday, February 5, 2016 or until seating capacity is met. Located at Cedar Rapids Police Department Community Room, 505 1st St SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404. Enter the second door, on the south side of the building. Please look for the appropriate signage.
- Cedar Rapids Police Department Community Room – 505 1st Street Southwest Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 – View Map