Earlier this year, the board of directors for Landlords of Iowa voted to hire Pete McRoberts of Dash Management, Inc. as the organization’s first executive director. This is a new position and is still evolving. A professional executive director provides us the opportunity for increased expertise, efficiency and better coordination of our statewide initiatives.
All landlord members of Landlords of Linn County are members of the 1,000+ member Landlords of Iowa, a statewide association which serves 16 local chapters. LOI was formed to represent landlord interests at the state level and lobbying our state legislatures. Benefits include:
- The opportunity to influence state and local legislation and regulations through our legislative and legal team
- Assistance with frequently asked questions and regulatory help
- An annual lease for your members’ use
- Invitation for the annual Landlords of Iowa conference at a discounted members’ rate
- Immediate leadership opportunities within the organization as a Board member
- Continuing Landlord Education Seminars at a discounted members’ rate
- Access to prescreened vendors for your properties
- A statewide online platform for your chapter on our website
New dues for 2019
The cost of the executive director’s services for the first year was covered from the state association’s general fund. To maintain the services, it will be necessary to increase our funding to the state. Therefore, our board of directors voted to make a $20 increase in annual landlord member dues, of which all will go to Landlords of Iowa. Annual dues for Landlords of Linn County will go to $80/year for landlord and associate members. As you may be aware this is our first dues increase in many years. The board of directors of Landlords of Linn County feel the addition of an executive director will have a positive impact on landlord interests in Iowa and is well worth the investment. Our vendor members are not members of Landlords of Iowa and therefore not affected by this change.
Note: If your annual dues are due in January 2019 or later, your dues should be $80/year. We inadvertently sent out dues notices at the old rate on 12/3/18 for the January dues. New invoices are being re-sent. We apologize for any inconvenience!
To provide more information on these enhancements, Landlords of Iowa executive director, Pete McRoberts, will be our featured speaker at our January 10, 2019 meeting at the Best Western Longbranch starting at noon. LOI legislative chair, Daryl Kruse will give some updates about the upcoming legislative agenda. A Q&A session will follow their presentations. Please join us in support of Pete’s efforts in creating a stronger and more effective state association!
– Landlords of Linn County Board of Directors