On November 8th, is the regular City Elections where the council and mayor positions maybe up for re-election. Now is the time to engage these candidates so that you maybe in a better position to call on them for support when they are elected to office.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
• Take every opportunity you have to meet the candidates and talk with them.
• Pick a candidate that best fits your positions and support them
• Make sure they know you support them – remind them every time you see them.
• Let them know you are affiliated with the “Landlords of Linn County”
• Remind them that you will be calling on them when they get [re-]elected.
WHAT DO THE CANDIDATES NEED FROM YOU?
• They want your support
• They want their sign on in every yard in their district (How many rental properties do you have in their district?)
• They want to know what your interests are (“Landlords of Linn County”)
• They want you to vote for them
WHAT HAVE I DONE IN THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS?
• Visited the campaign office of the candidates in some cases multiple times
• Participated in public forums
• Talked with the candidate each time – reminded them of who I was and my affiliation with the “Landlords of Linn County”
• Let them know that I would be contact them after the election about some important topics.
• Talked with local council people (some not even in my district) about important Landlord topics.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THE FUTURE?
• When an important agenda item comes before the elected official you supported, you will contact them and let them know your position
• You will also remind them that you are affiliated with the “Landlords of Linn County”
President, Landlords of Iowa
Board Member, Landlords of Linn County