This Thursday, December 10, at noon, we will try something new. Due to Covid restrictions, we will use Zoom for the next several months to meet online.
If you’ve never used Zoom before, visit www.zoom.us to set up the free application on your PC or mobile device. It’s very easy to use.
Attorney Gregory Usher, with Nazette, Marner, Nathanson & Shea, LLP, will address our group online, via Zoom.
He’s very knowledgeable in Landlord-Tenant Law Gregory will focus this month on security deposits.
- How can a landlord legally withhold all or part of the security deposit?
- What charges should be avoided or are illegal?
- What is considered acceptable wear and tear, per Iowa Code?
- How much can we actually charge for damages?
- Is it wise to do a final walkthrough with your renter on the move-out day?
- Greg will discuss recent court decisions and what they suggest for best practices. In another topic, Greg will discuss post derecho insurance claim issues dealing with contractors and insurance adjusters.
Those of you who have heard Gregory speak to our group before know that his topics are interesting and very relevant.
Use the following link to join our December Zoom meeting this Thursday the 10th, at NOON:
Just before noon on Thursday you can join the Zoom Meeting directly by following this linke: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82188316065?pwd=TUl2eUdSWTh4WHJuUndyTG9xajVmQT09
If you’ve never used Zoom before, just follow the instructions after clicking the link. You will want to allow audio and allow video when prompted.
The Zoom Meeting ID: 821 8831 6065
You can listen by phone and no need for a computer
One tap to dial by mobile +13126266799,,82188316065#,,,,,,0#,,195012#
Please note that you may be receiving this email even if your membership has expired. If you have NOT received an email from us instructing you to reset your password, go to www.landlordsoflinncounty.org/join to renew your membership.